Policy of Gizmobird in respect to customer confidentiality and security of information
It is the policy of Gizmobird to take steps to seek to ensure that information held about its customers and their business is kept confidential and secure. In implementing this policy the steps taken by Gizmobird include the following:
- Implementing procedures to comply with all relevant statutory requirements and monitoring internal procedures periodically to ensure that there is such compliance;
- Implementing and complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 (see our policy in relation to Data Protection);
- Making all officers of Gizmobird, its employees and sub-contractors aware of the rules and procedures laid down by Gizmobird from time to time in respect to the security of information and the importance of confidentiality. Officers of Gizmobird, employees and sub-contractors have a duty to follow the rules laid down by Gizmobird and to co-operate with Gizmobird to ensure that this policy is effective. Gizmobird will where it considers it appropriate take disciplinary action against any officer or employee who fails to comply with these rules and procedures;
- Taking measures to ensure the proper training, supervision and instruction of employees dealing with confidential information relating to customers;
- Requiring all sub-contractors to enter into confidentiality agreements in respect to information they acquire from Gizmobird;
- Establishing a committee chaired by a Gizmobird director to review confidentiality and security arrangements on a regular basis and to put in place measures to maintain and, where possible, improve information security.
Gizmobird (“Gizmobird”) is committed to dealing with personal data in the spirit of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and protecting personal privacy in accordance with the law. This statement applies to data Gizmobird process on behalf of various parties (known as data controllers) and data collected by Gizmobird and processed at our offices at Pound Court, Pound Street, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 6AA, UK and (under contract) at the sites of data processors and third parties appointed by us.
Gizmobird as data controller
- We maintain e-mail and offline contact information of our customers and prospects (contacts) preferably in their place of business collected from registering with Gizmobird.
- We maintain where available information relevant to each contact’s corporate affiliation, including position titles and name of company.
- We maintain our contact information in a secure environment to prevent unauthorised use.
- We do not pass your information to any third party companies for marketing and promotional purposes.
Gizmobird as data controller
- We use the information collected from our registration and subscription process to deliver information regarding the activities of Gizmobird including marketing information regarding our services.
- We use the information to manage communication between contacts (you) and Gizmobird.
- Data will be processed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
Gizmobird as data processor
- Where Gizmobird receives or otherwise processes personal data within the meaning of the Act, Gizmobird will only process that data to the extent needed in order to provide its services.
- Gizmobird do not share or otherwise disclose the data with any other party nor do we process it or any other purposes other than the above mentioned.
- Gizmobird will not retain the personal data for longer than is necessary to provide the service.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.gizmobird.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting either our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do not want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|JetPack||_qca||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Gizmobird Preference site cookie acceptance||m4cookiebar||This cookie hides the cookie notification bar nothing more. It is only used to store your preference for this site. Storing your preference permanently will simply stop the cookie bar appearing but will not effect your ability to use the site.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage.gaoptout.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel which may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding information page.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- You may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail.
- To exercise you choice, indicate your wishes on the registration form or indicate your wishes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach us
Our email contact details are: email@example.com